A Descriptive Study of Students’ School English Final Exam Scores

Hastari, Mayrita A Descriptive Study of Students’ School English Final Exam Scores. In: Conference on Applied Linguistic (CONAPLIN 7), Language and Teaching, UPI.

Conaplin Paper Updated 2014 ganjil, bandung.pdf

Download (442kB) | Preview


This study was a descriptive study about the students’ school final exam scores. To see the students’ scores, this study used documentation techniques which was schools’ archives of the students’ scores in three academic years, 2011/2012, 2012/2013, and 2013/2014. There were five areas taken as samples. They were Palembang, OganKomeringIlir, OganIlir, MusiBanyuasin, and Banyuasin. In each area, the writer took five schools as samples and five scores in every academic year. Then, the scores form each schools calculated into average and put the average into categories of scores. The categories were worst, bad, moderate, good, and very good. It was found that there were only 76% schools implemented English as the local content subjects and the other 24% implemented cooking class or arts class as local conetnet subject. The students’ school final exam scores of English were mainly categorized as in good category. And, there was one school categorized as in verg good category. The highest average score was 8,14 and the lowest average score was 7,04. Keywords: Descriptive Study, Documentation, and English Scores

Item Type: Conference or Workshop Item (Paper)
Subjects: L Education > LB Theory and practice of education > LB1603 Secondary Education. High schools
Divisions: Faculty of Law, Arts and Social Sciences > School of Education
Depositing User: Mrs Hastari Mayrita
Date Deposited: 26 Feb 2016 00:41
Last Modified: 26 Feb 2016 00:41
URI: http://eprints.binadarma.ac.id/id/eprint/2758

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item